Europe & Africa Youth
Ioannina Canal, Greece - 03 to 07, august 2022
Table of Contents
The HELLENIC WATERSKI FEDERATION and the PAMVOTIS WATERSKI CLUB
have the pleasure to invite all IWWF Europe & Africa Federations to the 2022 EUROPE & AFRICA YOUTH WATERSKI CHAMPIONSHIPS, to be held at Ioannina Canal, Greece, from 03 to 07, August,2022.
Please check the deadlines and remember to send the Skier Bio, the Declaration, Waiver and Release, IWWF Athlete Consent Form and other forms you can find in the Appendix 1.
Don’t hesitate getting in contact with us any info you need.
1. CONTACT INFO
Site: Ioannina Canal
Contact: Katerina HARISI +30 6932767774 or
Dimos ALEXOPOULOS +30 6942293030
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www: www.ea2022.gr
Deadline to enter intended skiers list in EMS, full Payment & Familiarization Request
Familiarization Schedule Announcement 18-06-2022
Familiarization Payment 03-07-2022
Final Familiarization Schedule 07-07-2022
Deadline to declare Team member, Individual, Wild Card
and to enter skiers who qualify under the Weekly Ranking List
Deadline to enter skiers who qualify under the Pro Ranking.
Closure of the Entry List 12 noon of 01-08-2022
3. THE SITE
Tournament Site will be Ioannina Canal.
More info about the site and directions how to get to it by car, airplane, train, etc. can be found at the Championship website: www.ea2022.gr
4. COVID SITUATION
For any detail on this matter including travel restrictions please check information on the
Greece Government website http://www.visitgreece.gr
5. PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE
day -2 Monday 01-08-22 Official familiarisation
day -1 Tuesday 02-08-22 Official familiarisation
day 1 Wednesday 03-08-22 Preliminary rounds & opening ceremony
day 2 Thursday 04-08-22 Preliminary rounds
day 3 Friday 05-08-22 Preliminary rounds
day 4 Saturday 06-08-22 Preliminary rounds and Finals
day 5 Sunday 07-08-22 Preliminary rounds and Finals, closing party
6. ENTRY AND ADMINISTRATION
Each Federation must register the list of skiers it wishes to enter through the IWWF Event Management System (EMS) not later than 60 days before the scheduled start of the first competition day of the IWWF E&A YOUTH. Any Federation not meeting this requirement will not be allowed to compete until they have paid a fine of 200,00 € to the E&A. This does not include those skiers who may additionally qualify through the Weekly Ranking List.
An entry is considered complete when the Skier’s name is registered in EMS and the full Entry Fee Payment has been received. For 2022 the entry fee payment must follow the process described below.
As far as possible the events that each skier will participate in, including their chosen ramp ratio, will be completed in EMS.
Official reserves should also be listed. There is no limit on the number of official reserves for each team and no entry fee is required for these skiers.
Any Federation not meeting this requirement will not be allowed to compete until the Federation pays a fine to the E&A of 10,00 € per skier per day after the 60 days deadline, for each skier not officially registered.
After the 60 days deadline a Federation may enter up to two more athletes than originally entered with no penalty, and for which the full entry fee is required as stated above. If more than two additional athletes are added after the 60 days deadline a fine of 50,00 € per additional athlete will be applied.
Any name change or event entered may be changed without penalty up to the 30 days before the scheduled start of the first competition day of the YOUTH E&A Waterski Championships.
The deadline for each Federation to declare, through EMS, the names of the members of its team, the events each will enter, the ratings of each skier, as well as the names of the official reserves is 30 days before the scheduled start of the first event of the World Championships
Any Federation not meeting this requirement will not be allowed to compete until the Federation pays a fine to the IWWF Representative at the Championships, of 10,00 € per skier per day after the 30 days deadline for each skier not officially entered.
1) The deadline to enter skiers who qualify under the Weekly Ranking List is 30 days before the championships.
2) The deadline to enter skiers who qualify under the Pro Ranking is 15 days before the championships.
If a skier is not registered on EMS prior to the 48 hours before the start of the first event, the Federation’s skier’s places in the draw shall be determined by the Chief Judge without reference to their qualifying scores.
2 days before the start of the first event the entry lists shall be closed at noon (12:00) and thereafter the order of competitors entered and paid will be finalized and posted.
The Scorer in consultation with the Chief Judge should post Preliminary Running Orders 7 days preceding the start of events with the orders clearly marked as “PRELIMINARY AND
SUBJECT TO CHANGE”. No change in this order is allowed after noon of the 2 days preceding the start of events except that a team representative may:
1) Withdraw a skier from the competition.
2) Replace an injured skier with a qualified official reserve from the same team with the authority of the Chief Judge and before the start of the first event, that is, before the first skier taking part in the first event has started,
3) The substitute skier shall start first in the series in which he is qualified unless the draw has not yet been completed.
Team or individual athletes not showing up: In the event a team or individual athletes (entered by their Federation), fail to show up for a competition their entry fee will not be refunded, unless a valid written excuse is received by 12 noon of the day before the start of the competition.
A valid excuse may include a sickness certificate or a certificated injury and should be considered and agreed as valid by the IWWF Representative at the Championships
Wild Cards – Each Federation may enter 5 additional single event wild card skiers. The skiers must meet the eligibility rules as defined in rule 14:13. A Federation’s Wild Cards cannot be transferred to another Federation.
For the purpose of this rule Overall is not considered to be a single event.
Start of the Championship
60 days before Deadline to enter intended skiers list in EMS 03-06-2022
30 days beforeDeadline to declare Team member, Individual, Wild Card and to enter skiers who qualify under the Weekly Ranking List.
15 days before Deadline to enter skiers who qualify under the Pro Ranking. 18-07-2022
12 noon of 2 days before Closure of the Entry List. 12 noon of
Entry Fee per competitor, regardless of the number of disciplines, is 160.00 €
The payment must be made to:
Bank: ABN AMRO (Amsterdam) Account number: NL13 ABNA 0811 2028
To be included in the payment:
− 2022 EUROPE & AFRICA YOUTH WATERSKI CHAMPIONSHIPS
− Name of the Federation making the payment
− Name of the person making the payment
− How many skiers is the payment for
7. OFFICIAL FAMILIARIZATION
The last two or three days immediately before the Championships will be reserved and used for Official Familiarization. This will be organized so that each competitor who has paid shall be allocated either a set number of passes and/or a certain amount of time at the discretion
of the Chief Judge based on the principle that every skier shall receive an equal opportunity for familiarization.
Slalom skiers will receive – Tricks skiers will receive – Jump skiers will receive –
4 passes or 6 minutes whichever is less 2 passes or 5 minutes whichever is less 3 passes or 6 minutes whichever is less
After closure of the registration 60 days before the Championships (please ref. to rule 14.12 for the specific deadline), each entered competitor in the IWWF Event Management System (EMS) will be allocated Official Familiarization time as specified above.
45 days before the scheduled start of the event, the Organiser (in consultation with the Chief Judge, whose decision shall be final) shall announce the Official Familiarization schedule (including the allowed time).
If a Federation does not want to take part in the Official Familiarization, it must notify the Organisers and the Chief Judge as soon as possible.
60 days before 03-06-22 deadline to enter participants in the EMS as per rule 14.12.
45 days before 18-06-22 deadline for publishing familiarization schedule by Organiser.
30 days before 03-07-22 deadline for familiarization payment.
The Chief Judge shall have the discretion to change the start time of team’s familiarization based on extraordinary circumstances.
During the Official Familiarization period, the Chief Judge may allocate any available site familiarization times, but only to skiers who have not already used it or do not have time allocated.
The cost per hour for Official familiarization will be € 240,00 (€ 4,00 per minute).
The payment must be made to:
Bank: National Bank of Greece Account name: Omilos Thalassiou Ski Pamvotis
IBAN: GR 6401102610000026129603382
Ref: Official Training Youth 2022
Once payment is made, mail your proof of payment: email@example.com
8. UNOFFICIAL TRAINING
Training at Ioannina Canal
will be available from 26 – 07 – 2022 to 31 – 07 – 2022 (noon) Training rates: 60,00 € for 15 minutes slots
To reserve : firstname.lastname@example.org please add your name and discipline for training
The payment must be made to:
Bank: National Bank of Greece Account name: Omilos Thalassiou Ski Pamvotis
IBAN: GR 6401102610000026129603382
Ref: Training Youth
Mail your proof of payment to: email@example.com More info at the site website: www.ea2022.gr
9. OFFICIAL TOW BOATS
All official practice and tournament events will be towed by: Brand: NAUTIQUES
Model: Ski 200CB
10. OFFICIAL JUMP SETTINGS
All official practice and tournament events will be towed by:
Ramp Ratio Length Out of Water
11. OFFICIAL HOTEL
Hotel: GRAND SERAI *****
Address: Dodonis 33, Ioannina 452 21
Telephone: 2651 090550
Rates per room/per night: Single B&B 95€ / Double B&B 105€/ triple B&B 120€ Credit Cards: All major credit cards are accepted
How to book: Directly at the Hotel, use code: waterski
More info at the Championship website: www.ea2022.gr
And the Hotel website: www.grandserai.com
12. CATERING ON SITE
Lunch and drinks will be available at a reasonable cost at the site, by a professional catering service.
The Opening Closing ceremony will be held on Thursday August 3rd at the center of Ioannina in an area near the Official Hotel. More info will be published in Bulletin 2. Dress code “sport uniform”
Closing ceremony will be held on Sunday August 7th in an area near the Official Hotel. More info will be published in Bulletin 2
Position Name Country
Chief Judge Assistant Chief Judge Homologator
Driver 3 Tech. Officer
15. DOPING CONTROL
In accordance with IWWF antidoping rules, doping controls will be held during the competition. By entering this competition, all athletes agree to be subject to doping control.
It is each athlete’s responsibility to ensure that no prohibited substance enters his/her body and that no prohibited method is used.
2021 Prohibited List (and Summary of Modifications of new List) 2021 Prohibited List – effective 1st January 2022
Summary of Modifications for 2022
In accordance with the IWWF, EC and AC Anti-Doping Rules, Doping controls will be conducted during the competition. By entering this competition, all athletes agree to be subject to doping control.
Information about the IWWF Anti-Doping program, the current IWWF AD Rules and links to the list of banned substances can be accessed https://iwwf.sport/athletes/anti-doping/
16. LOCAL CURRENCY
The local currency in Greece is Euro. At most local stores and restaurants you can pay with all the major credit cards.
17. FLAGS AND ANTHEMS
Each team must bring an additional flag of their country. (Size approximately 100x150cm)
All teams are also requested to bring a CD (or MP3) of their national anthem you will greatly help us if you send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the responsibility of each team to arrange their own transportation to the site and between it and their chosen hotel for each day of the competition.
If the team is unable to do this, then the organizer will endeavor to make the necessary arrangements at a cost.
19. PARKING AND SKI STORAGE
The organization will supply storage for competitors equipment.
Whilst security staff will be on site, the organization is not responsible for equipment that is lost or damaged.
20. HOW TO ENTER THE COUNTRY
A valid Identity Card or Passport is required to enter Greece. All non Schengen countries residents are suggested to contact the Hellenic Embassy or Consulate in their country, for more information. More information also can be found at: https://www.mfa.gr/en/visas/
1. Skier Bios
2. Declaration, Weaver, and Release Form
3. Declaration of Parent/Guardian
4. IWWF Athlete Consent Form
Country / Team
BEST RANKING POSITION
MAIN WINS / TITLES
DECLARATION, WAIVER AND RELEASE FORM
For, and in consideration of, the International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (the IWWF) and Pamvotis Waterski Club (the Organizer) accepting my application, and permitting me, to participate and compete in the 2022 E&A YOUTH Waterski Championship (the Championships), I, the undersigned, for and behalf of myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, do hereby irrevocably and unconditionally warrant, represent and undertake to the IWWF and the Organizer as follows:
Any and all information provided and/or disclosed by, or on behalf of, myself to the IWWF and the Organizer (including any directors, officers, employees, volunteer and other representatives thereof) for the purpose of considering and evaluating my application for participation and competition in the Championships is true, correct and accurate;
I have fully read and understood the rules and regulations of participation and competition in the Championships (a copy of which has been made available to me) and I do hereby covenant with, and undertake to, the IWWF and the Organizer to at all times fully comply with and abide by, the same;
I am in good physical and mental health and I am physical capable of competing and participating, and fully competent to part icipate and compete, as a competitor in the Championships and that i have not been certified and/or advised otherwise by any qualified medical practitioner;
I do hereby authorize any and all physicians, paramedics and other medical personnel and practitioners procured by, or on behalf of, the IWWF and the Organizer to administer first aid treatment, or any medical treatment, surgery or transportation in the event of any illness, accident or injury suffered and/or sustained by me at any time during my participation and competition in the Championships ( or any part thereof) and hereby indemnify, and shall keep fully and effectively indemnified, the IWWF and the Organizer (including all directors, officers, employees, volunteer and other representatives thereof) upon demand from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, costs and expenses of whatsoever nature incurred and/or suffered by the same (or any of them) and arising from, and/or in connection with, the procurement and administration of such medical treatment and transportation in relation to any such illness accident or injury suffered and/or sustained by me;
I acknowledge, agree and confirm that participating and/or competing as a competitor in the Championships (or any part thereof) involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury and property loss or damage and that by signing and completing this Declaration, Waiver and Release Form, I fully understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks;
I hereby grant to the IWWF and the Organizer (including its lawful successors and assigns) the sole and exclusive right and license, in perpetuity and throughout the world and without any compensation whatsoever to me, to use, reproduce, publish and/or exploit, my name, nickname, likeness, image, logos, get-ups, initials, voice, slogan and signatures developed from time to time, reputation, graphical representation, electronic, animated or computer generated representation and any other representation (in any medium whatsoever) right of association, biographical information and other indicia and any other right of property in my performances, in any media whatsoever, for any purposes whatsoever relating to, and/or in connection with, the IWWF and/or the Championships (or any part thereof) and I shall do all such things (including, without limitation, the execution of appropriate legal documentation) as the IWWF and the Organizer may, from time to time, require to give legal and binding effect to the aforementioned grant of rights;
I irrevocably acknowledge, agree and confirm that the IWWF and the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify me from participation and/or competition in the Championships (or any part thereof) if I am in breach of any of the warranties, representations and/or undertakings set out in this Declaration, Waiver and Release Form and/or for any reason whatsoever the IWWF and the Organizer considers just and proper, and in the event of any such disqualification, I shall not be entitled to any compensation of any nature whatsoever from the IWWF and the Organizer;
I hereby release, hold harmless, protect, indemnify and forever discharge the IWWF and the Organizer (including its officers, employees, volunteer and other representatives) the Championships and all commercial partners thereof, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever, whether direct or consequential, suffered and/or incurred by me, the IWWF and the Organizer (including its officers, employees, volunteer and other representatives) the Championships and/or all commercial partners thereof and arising from, and/or in connection with any breach of any of the warranties, representations and/or undertakings given by me as set out hereunder; and/or my participation and/or competition in the Championships (or any part thereof), including, without limitation any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising from the negligence of the IWWF, the Organizer and/or any commercial partner thereof and/or their any of their respective directors, officers, employees and volunteer and other representatives.
If any provision of this Declaration, Waiver and Release Form should be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
I, (the Competitor), do hereby declare that I have read and fully understood
the terms and conditions of this Declaration, Waiver and Release Form. I agree to be bound by the said terms and conditions of the above agreement with the IWWF and the Organizer.
Signature Date / / 2022
DECLARATION OF PARENT / GUARDIAN
(Applicable only if the Competitor is, on the date of signing the Declaration, Waiver and Release Form, under the age of 18 years)
I, the undersigned, am the parent / guardian * of (the Competitor) and for and in consideration
of the IWWF and the Organizer accepting the application of and permitting the Competitor to participate and compete in the 2022 E&A YOUTH Waterski Championship, I do hereby irrevocably and unconditionally:
1. warrant, represent and undertake to the IWWF and the Organizer that I have read and fully understood the terms and conditions of the Declaration, Waiver and Release Form and have discussed with, and explained such terms and conditions to, the Competitor and I agree to, and will cause the Competitor to fully abide by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions of the Declaration, Waiver and Release Form; and
2. covenant with, and undertake to, the IWWF and the Organizer not to take, nor permit to be taken, any action(s) nor omit to do anything that would assist or cause the Competitor to invalidate, renounce, negate, revoke or disclaim any part of the Declaration, Waiver and Release Form; and
3. warrant, represent and undertake to, the IWWF and the Organizer that by signing the Declaration, Waiver and Release Form, neither the Competitor and/or myself is/are in breach of any other arrangement(s) (whether contractual or otherwise) with any third party; and
4. agree to be liable for, and will indemnify the IWWF and the Organizer (including its officers, employees, volunteer and other representatives), the Championships and all commercial partners thereof from and against, any and all claims, demands, liabil ities, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever, whether direct or consequential, suffered and/or incurred by the IWWF and the Organizer, the Championships and all commercial partners thereof, whether direct or consequential, any arising f rom, and/or in connection with:
1. (a) any breach of any of the warranties, representations and/or undertakings given by the Competitor in the Declaration, Waiver and Release Form, and/or
2. (b) the Competitor’s participation and/or competition in the Championships (or any part thereof)
5. including, without limitation any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising from the negligence of the IWWF and the Organizer and/or any commercial partner thereof and/or their any of their respective directors, officers, employees and volunteer and other representatives; and
6. agree that if any provision of this Declaration of Parent / Guardian should be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
Name of Parent / Guardian*: Date / / 2022
Signed in the presence of:
Name: Address: Occupation:
* Delete as appropriate
IWWF ATHLETE CONSENT FORM
2022 E&A YOUTH WATERSKI CHAMPIONSHIP – Ioannina Canal, Greece – August 02 to 07, 2022
As a member of a National Federation affiliated to the International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation and a participant in an event authorized or recognized by the International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation, I hereby declare as follows:
1. I acknowledge that I am bound by, and confirm that I shall comply with, all of the provisions of the IWWF Anti-Doping Rules (as amended from time to time), the World Anti-Doping Code (the “Code”) and the International Standards issued by the World Anti-Doping Agency, as amended from time to time, and published on WADA’s website.
2. I consent and agree to the creation of my profile in the WADA Doping Control Clearing House (“ADAMS”), as requested under the Code to which IWWF is a Signatory, and/or any other authorized National Anti-Doping Organization’s similar system for the sharing of information, and to the entry n my Doping Control, Whereabouts and Therapeutic Use Exemptions related data in such systems.
3. I agree that during the Event and for up to ninety (90) days thereafter as may be needed for follow up testing, I will be subject to blood and/or urine testing for any substance or method on the World Anti-Doping Agency (“WADA”) Prohibited List: https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/2022list_final_en.pdf
4. I acknowledge the authority of IWWF [and its member National Federations and/or National Anti-Doping Organizations] under the IWWF Anti-Doping Rules to enforce, to manage results under, and to impose sanctions in accordance with the IWWF Anti- Doping Rules.
5. I acknowledge and agree that any dispute arising out of a decision made pursuant to the IWWF Anti-Doping Rules, after exhaustion of the process expressly provided for in the IWWF Anti-Doping Rules, may be appealed exclusively as provided in Article  of the IWWF Anti-Doping Rules to an appellate body for final and binding arbitration, which in the case of International-Level Athletes is the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
6. I acknowledge and agree that the decisions of the arbitral appellate body referenced above shall be final and enforceable, and that I will not bring any claim, arbitration, lawsuit or litigation in any other court or tribunal.
I have read and understand the present declaration.
Date Print Name (Last Name, First Name)
Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year) Signature (or, if a minor, signature of legal guardian.